Wine is a very popular drink throughout the world. It is used in parties, cooking, while having meals and many more. There are a wide variety of wines and it is important to know a few characteristics of a few that will blend well with your taste buds. Here are a few popular ones along with its characteristics and food pairings allowing you to savor that every sip.
- Riesling – This wine comes from light to medium body. It also has high acidity along with moderately sweet flavors of fruit. The Riesling wine goes well with chicken, duck, pork, turkey cooked in Indian, Thai, German, Moroccan and Vietnamese style.
- Sauvignon Blanc – This wine has high level of acidity that can be used in chicken, fish, pork, veal and cheese cooked in Mexican, French and Vietnamese style. It is also known for its light-medium body consisting of citrus fruit taste.
- Pinot Noir – This popular wine has high level of acidity that goes well in French and German cuisine when cooked with duck, cured meats, chicken, pork and a few soft cheeses. It has red fruity flavor due to being low bodies consisting of very less tannins.
- Pinot Gris – This wine has a subtle sweet fruity flavor that goes brilliantly in salads, poached fish and a few mild cheeses.
- Chardonnay – Quite popular when cooked with seafood like shrimp, crab and lobster but also with chicken pork, cream sauces, and nutty cheeses. The French use this wine a lot in their food due to its mid-level acidity consisting of yellow fruit flavor.
Swan Valley Tours offers a great opportunity for tasting these listed and many more popular wines.